Warstory?

Forum für die VGC 2012

Warstory?

Beitragvon appi » Mo 12. Mär 2012, 16:13

Mir wurde langweilig auf der Zugfahrt und da ich keine Lust mehr hatte über Daten zu brüten, dachte ich mir, ich schreib ne Warstory um ein wenig Englisch zu üben :)

This won't be much of a warstory since I only had three battles, but here is something like this about the VGC in Essen.

It all started with the Problem that I didn't found a team that I liked. Some nice Minimize fun wouldn't be possible because of the time limit and all other teams, which I had time to test to, didn't get nice long winning streaks on PO. Last weekend, I still hadn't a team and became quiet nervous so that I decided to just go with Sableye and Scarf Heracross since it's a funny combo and Latios and Cresselia are everywhere. So let's welcome the star players of my team:

PRONGS (Sableye) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sunny Day
- Metal Burst

Fake Out is always nice to have, Will-O-Wisp can activate Guts of Heracross and cripple opposing physical attackers, Sunny Day was needed against Rain teams, and Metal Burst is a nice little trick, which few expect, and Sableye isn't completly shut down by Taunt with it.

HERA (Heracross) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Guts
EVs: 28 HP / 236 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SDef / 236 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Stone Edge

120 BP Stabs for the win, especially Megahorn that usually OHKOs Cresselia with a Guts boost :) Rock Slide gives nice coverage and flinch chance. The fourth slot is just for a filler move but Stone Edge comes in handy against Wide Guard.

The rest of the team changed often in the last week and with one or two weeks more it would have been different (probably better):

LITTLE BRO (Tyranitar) (M) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 4 Def / 44 SDef / 4 Spd
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Counter
- Protect

The good ol' T'tar became the weapon of choice against Latios and Cresselia when Heracross wouldn't do much to the rest of the opposing team. Tyranitar helps further against Zapdos and other special attackers. I used Counter because I could :)

MAGI @ Occa Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Atk / 4 Def / 52 SDef / 4 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Metagross often got Choice Scarf in the last week of play testing, but it can't OHKO Latios. Thus, the scarf remained by Heracross. I wasn't sure with Earthquake because I only have one resistance, but I was to lazy to train it to get Zen Headbutt the night before the tournament.

For the last two Pokemon, it was a hard decision between Zapdos or Chandelure and Latios or Hydreigon. In the end Chandelure and Hydreigon won because I hadn't a modest Zapdos and no time to reset one and because Latios is just to over used.

BLACK BODY (Chandelure) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Heat Wave
- Trick Room
- Protect

It's kind of funny that I used Chandelure because I had a team around Sableye, Heracross and Chandelure earlier this year and decided against using it pretty fast. Chandelure got Hidden Power [Ghost] since it usually isn't blocked by Imprison and nearly as strong as Shadowball. Trick Room is mainly against Trick room teams and Icy wind abusers.

HEADRI (Hydreigon) (M) @ Dragon Gem
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 76 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 172 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Substitute

Earth Power was kind of needed against Heatran and I didn't miss the Dark Pulse on PO. Substitute helps greatly against Hitmontop (SDef drops for the win) and Trick room teams.

The journey to Essen had quiet a rocky beginning with my brother arriving just on time (thanks to the DB that the train didn't depart when it should). The hotel was nice for one night, and the teams were ready shortly before 12 pm so that we could sleep six hours, something new for the night before a VGC.

On the way to the Messe Essen, we already met the first of the (((BPE + friends)+friends)+friends)+friends. It's always nice seeing them, but I need always a little bit time to warm to them again since I'm not an outgoing person and don't see them very often. Sadly, I usually don't have much time around the VGC so that the warm up phase is often still on when I have to leave :( Nevertheless, I had a few nice chats, and the time flew by until the registration started.

My first battle was on tv but next to nobody watched because it was to early. My opponent had six viable Pokemon, but I couldn't see a strategy behind them which worried me. I chose to start with Sableye and Heracross and had Metagross for a late game Latios and Chandelure for Infernape and Ferrothorn in the back. He started with Latios and Infernape. Sableye fake outs Latios and Heracross finishes it with Megahorn before Infernape goes for the surprising Swords Dance. His replacement for Latios was an Eelektross. I decided against switching Heracross for Chandelure because I wanted to leave its Focus Sash intact and who knew what the eel would do. So, Sableye burns Eelektross, and Heracross does some damage to it. His Infernape didn't go for my Heracross but OHKOs Sableye with Flare Blitz while Eelektross does under 50% damage to Heracross with Wild Charge. Chandelure comes in. I had the choice between Heat Wave and Megahorn on Infernape, or Hidden Power on Infernape and Megahorn the eel. I did go with Heat Wave because it should ko both opposing Pokemon. Infernape survives the Megahorn with low health and goes for Stone Edge (I think) to bring Chandelure to its Sash. Heat Wave koes Infernape but misses the eel so that the eel can finish Chandelure of with Crunch. Now it is my Metagross and Heracross versus his barely surviving, burned Eelektross and Ferrothorn. Metagross finishes the eel with Bullet Punch. Heracross does around 40% to Ferrothorn which then curses. In the next round, Megahorn misses, and Ferrothorn koes Heracross with Gyro Ball while Metagross does little damage to Ferrothorn and itself with Ice Punch. Then, Earthquake doesn't ko and his Power Whip misses (He said, he miss clicked, but I'm not sure if it mattered. Bulldoze?). Finally, Metagross was able to ko Ferrothorn with Earthquake in the next round.

After this win, I see Cari waiting for an opponent. So, I friend clause her only to have her playing against another good battler and loosing, sorry for this Cari. My round two opponent wasn't a competitive battler but had a Blaziken for which I took Chandelure with. This Chandelure wasn't needed because lady luck meant it good with me in this match. I started with Sableye and Heracross and she with Zapdos and Honchkrow. Sableye used Fake Out on Honchkrow and Heracross Rock Slide which flinched Zapdos. I think, in the next turn, Willow-O-Wisp hits Honchkrow and Zapdos goes down to Rock Slide, which Honchkrow survives. Honchkrow didn't get to attack because it flinched. She brings in Swanna. Then, Honchkrow gets koed by Rock Slide and Swanna does some damage with Surf. Before in the last turn, Rock Slide koes both Pokemon of her, Swanna and Lavados. After the battle, I apologize for my luck, and she complains to the staff and wants to rebattle someone else because I used always the same move and she didn't get to attack in this battle. I get hack checked and we had to wait a long time because nobody wanted to say to her that she was out. It was kind of funny that nearly all the staff with the exception of the referee discussed this matter …

Well, on to the third battle. My opponent said his team was made by his friends and it was pretty standard with the exception of Golurk, which I didn't see as threat because his only Trick Room user could have been Cresselia and you all know that I can OHKO it. So, I start for a third time with Sableye and Heracross. He used the standard Hitmontop + Zapdos lead. In the first turn, we traded Fake Outs. I don't know why I didn't switch Heracross out like I usually do when Heracross gets intimidated and thus, can't OHKO the opponent, perhaps because I wanted to show off my next move? Hitmontop used Wide Guard, Sableye burned Heracross, which then used Stone Edge on Zapdos. I even get a critical hit, but Zapdos survives with health to spare, something impossible, if one beliefs the damage calculator of cherubi. (Doesn't Guts directly activate or doesn't Guts count for critical hits?) Well, Heracross survived the Heat Wave of Zapdos and the burn damage with a few HP. Then, I switched Heracross for Tyranitar avoiding the Sucker Punch and Sableye got koed by a gem boosted Thunderbolt before it could blast the damage back. Zapdos died to the sandstorm damage, and his Latios and my Metagross came in. Tyranitar protected itself from the Close Combat, and Metagross answered Latios' Hidden Power [Fire] with an Ice Punch. In the next turn, Latios protected avoiding the Bullet Punch, and Hitmontop used its gem for a Close Combat on Heracross. I decided to go for the double ko with Bullet Punch and Counter to get a two versus one battle against his Cresselia or Tyranitar, but his last Pokemon was Golurk. I was still pretty sure to have won this battle until my opponent mentioned that he didn't know if his Golurk was fast enough to out speed my Pokemon. It sounded like it had Spe EV investment, and it turned out to be faster than my Tyranitar. So, Golurk koed Metagross and Tyranitar with a Life Orb boosted Earthquake after Metagross' Ice Punch did only around 80% :(

For the first time, I wasn't able to get in the finalist lounge, and this not because of some bad luck but because I underestimated a Pokemon and chose Tyranitar over Hydreigon. Needless to say that I was a little bit down afterwards, but hopefully, there will be a next year. My brother lost because he didn't know that fighting was not effective against bug ... So, we watched some battles and talked to others who lost too early.

Watching the matches became quiet boring as the time did go on since in every battle, at least one of the players used Cresselia+Tyranitar+Latios+Metagross+Zapdos+Hitmontop or something very similar. I know, these Pokemon are good (I had two of them myself), but come on guys and girls, there are over 600 Pokemon to choose from and some of them are usable.

After the masters finals we had to leave and for the second time this weekend, we were just on time to catch the train.

Was noch übrigbleibt zu sagen:
Glückwunsch an Flame und DaFlo und viel Glück an alle die nach Paris oder Mailand fahren :)

EDIT: Ich wollte gerade bei smogon nachfragen wegen den komischen Schaden auf Zapdos durch Stone Edge und hab sicherheitshalber noch mal alles nachgeguckt, bevor es peinlich wird und musste feststellen, dass Heracross Hexaplaga anstatt Guts hat ... Da bekommt man Glück mit nem CH und dann negiert man es selbst, na ja shit happens ... Aber es zeigt schön wie gut Heracross ist, ohne CH und mit richtiger Fähigkeit sollte ja in etwa der gleiche Schaden rauskommen (burn negiert Att-drop).
appi

von Anzeige » Mo 12. Mär 2012, 16:13

Anzeige

TAGS

Zurück zu Video Game Championship 2012